How to increase the Life Span of your Winding Wire Motors
Winding Wire – “Vital Part of Equipment”
As we all know that motors are used everywhere in industrial environments and are becoming extensively technical and complex, sometimes making it a challenge to keep them up running at peak performance. It’s equally important to remember that the causes of motor drive issues are not confined to a single domain of expertise–both mechanical and electrical issues can lead to motor failure.
So, let us first understand the most common causes of Motor Failure:
- Over-current or Overload – Caused by excessive flow of current within the motor windings, bond the capacity of the motor to carry it efficiently and safely
- Over heating or poor power conditions – Overheating can be caused by a high temperature operating environment or poor quality of power
- Contamination – from chemicals, dust, dirt etc
- Vibration – It can lead to many issues with motor, and can even cause the motor to fail
- Low resistance – This is the most common cause of motor failure
- Electrical erosion – Weakening of the insulation system or dielectric fatigue
What can we do to prevent the above failures and increase the life span of motors?
- Regular Maintenance of Motors – A carefully designed motor maintenance program, when correctly used, can be summed up as preventive maintenance to avoid failure and prolong their lifespan. Motors and motor parts should be tested at least every 6 months
- Proper installation of effective over-current prevention will help detect overcorrect and interrupt supply
- It is extremely important that the motor has to be kept cool to prevent over heating. Limiting how often the motors starts and stops reduce its heat.
- Supply voltage waveforms should be sinusoidal, balanced within 1%, per NEMA MG1-12.45, with rise times greater than 2 milliseconds and containing less than 2% total harmonic voltage distortion (typical of ‘clean’ utility power).
- Motors should be kept clean, free of dust, debris and oil.
- Use the best quality enamelled wire as per the thermal resistance class and enamel specifications, made using virgin conductors
With over 4 decades of product expertise, GEEKAY is one of the most trusted brands in winding wires across India. To ensure a better reliability of your products, GEEKAY high quality enamelled wires are made using the Single Line Single Oven Concept. This ensures better thermal equilibrium in the oven. Any breakage in a single line, does not impact the wire quality in the other lines, thus ensuring higher & consistent quality of the wire. The result is higher efficiency and longer life of your motor and better reliability of your products.
At GEEKAY, each high quality enamelled wire is tested for uniformity of concentricity. Correct concentricity of our wires ensures that there is no impact of low break down voltage and pinholes are significantly reduced which again results is higher efficiency and longer life of your motor and better reliability of your products.
Keep following us for more such information about winding wires.
If you are looking for a trusted partner for your winding wire motors. Feel free to connect with us.