The GEEKAY brand is well known for its high quality range of Copper & Aluminium Enamelled Winding Wires, made with 100% virgin materials using world-class technology at our state of the art manufacturing plants. Our products are available in industry standard specifications, as well as, can be customised to meet the unique needs of our customers. All our products meet international quality specifications and are UL certified.
Enamelled Winding wires (also called Magnet Wires) are used to generate a magnetic field when current flows through them and this helps in conversion of electrical energy into other forms of energy like motion, sound, light, etc and vice versa.
Winding wires are basically classified by
• Metal type
• Conductor size and insulation thickness
• Type of insulation – this in turn depends on thermal class required and application of the wire.
The following are important characteristics of the wires:
• Dimensional properties (Conductor and overall Diameter)
• Mechanical properties (Elongation, Springback, Coefficient of Friction)
• Electrical properties (Pin Hole, Break down Voltage)
• Thermal properties (Heat Shock, Cut Through)
• Insulation quality (Abrasion Resistance, Flexibility)
• Chemical properties (Resistance to Solvents that may be there in the application surroundings – Transformer Oil, Refrigerant, Water)
All these characteristics are essential. However, a wire cannot excel in all the properties in the same product, hence it is necessary to understand the application and relative importance of each of the characteristics in order to be able to choose the right product. Inline with the same, at GEEKAY we have a system driven, technology based and innovative solutions approach to help get maximum performance at the most economical cost.
Know more about our wide range of Copper and Aluminium Enamelled Winding Wires below:
AIW – Polyamide-imide Enamelled Wire
EIW (H Class)–Polyester Imide Enamelled Wire
EIW- AIW – Polyester imide + Polyamide Imide
NY-UEW– Polyurethane+Nylon Wire
PEW (B Class)- Polyester Enameled Wire
PEW (F Class)- Polyester Enameled Wire
SB-EIW – Polyester imide + Self Bond Wire
SB-UEW – Polyerethane + Self Bond Wire
UEW – Polyurethane or Solderable Enamelled Wire